Design and installation of central air conditioning expansion tank
1. The installation height of the expansion tank should be at least 0.5m above the highest point of the system (usually 1.0 to 1.5m). When installing the water tank, the lower part should be used as the support. The length of the support should exceed 100~200mm of the bottom plate. The height should be greater than 300mm. The support material can be square wood, reinforced concrete or brick. The outer wall of the water tank should be considered for installation.
2. The piping on the expansion tank has an expansion tube, a signal tube, an overflow pipe, a drain pipe, and a circulation pipe. The volume of the expansion tank from the signal tube to the overflow water pipe is the effective expansion volume.
3, the expansion pipe - in principle should be connected to the return pipe in front of the suction port of the circulating water pump, usually connected to the "catch". Signal tube - it should be connected to the wash basin in the refrigerator room, and a valve should be installed on the signal tube.
4. Overflow tube—When the volume of water in the system expands beyond the overflow of the water tank, the water will automatically overflow. No valves are allowed on the overflow pipe.
5. Drainage pipe—When cleaning the water tank and venting the water tank, a valve should be installed on the drain pipe.
6. The overflow pipe and drain pipe are usually connected together and discharged to a nearby sewer or roof.
7, circulation tube - set in the cold area to prevent water from freezing in the expansion tank. When there is no possibility of freezing in the water tank, there is no need for a circulation pipe. Especially in high-rise buildings, the expansion tank and the domestic water supply tank are usually located in the roof tank, and the tank is kept warm, so there is no possibility of freezing.